Friday, May 28, 2010

Paris, Texas

So as a kid I always remember seeing the cover to this movie at the old video store. Then as I got older I always read a lot of acclaim surrounding it. Well, it is long but really interesting and beautiful. The story is very odd and rather quirky in some parts but as a whole very believable and the acting is amazing in a very simple way. Even if the story weren't interesting (which it is) the cinematography is gorgeous. All the shots are set up perfectly and there are really bold but perfect costume choices. The more I let the film sink in the more I really like it. Also, the soundtrack is haunting. The pivotal scene on the phone (above) when we finally get the answers we have looking for is fantastic. Wild and horrific. Also, the walking home from school scene kind of broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment