Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stage Fright

I watched Maren's copy of Stage Fright and loved it. I am a Hitchcock fan to be sure but he has so many movies I will prob never see them all but have watched two winners as of late. I realized I had never seen Marlene Dietrich in anything before. It was fascinating to me to know about a recognizable icon and finally see them in something. Jane Wyman is the perfect actress for her role with fast costume changes, various accents, etc. She is immediately likeable. I couldn't get the image of Marlene Dietrich smoking through her black veil out of my mind for days. For some reason the mixture of the two strikes a chord with me. I also wish my mother was around so i could use some of these "phyllis" lines on her. Watch the video if you want to see the smoking veil!

No comments:

Post a Comment