Friday, August 13, 2010

Inception

Ready, okay. If you are like me, you really appreciate a big budget "summer blockbuster" that is smart, original, free of film stereotypes, and looks amazing. I appreciate this because you are going to end up talking about this move with everyone on planet earth but with this movie you don't mind talking about because it is really good. I left this movie being so impressed with the art of telling a story through film. This plot is layered with like 4 more layers on that last layer. I was so impressed with Christopher Nolan's gift to keep the audience (for the most part) clear on what was happening. Visual candy in every shot! Also, the clothing is fantastic. I am really glad someone sent me an interview with the costume designer because I was having a "children's apparel" issue if you know what I am talking about and it answered some of my questions. Ellen Paige... you were fine but could have been played by a lot of other actresses. Maren voted Rachel McAdams and I fully concur. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I am so glad you are getting your moment in the sun. Ken Watanabe, you are so cool that it totally evens out the fact that I really struggle with your accent sometimes (and I am not that bad with accents.) Marion Cotillard, you are brilliant and I liked seeing you cuh-razy.

No comments:

Post a Comment